Sunday, September 12, 2010

Some recent photos from the end of summer


Starting September 1, Michael began working in the intensive care unit. Our months spent in the unit are our hardest, both from a mental/emotional standpoint as well as in regards to time. Adelina and I have had to keep ourselves busy while he is away and here are some of the highlights:

My sister Rebecca came into town Labor Day weekend for a quick visit. We mostly just hung around the house, but on Saturday night we drove into Philadelphia to try Bobby's Burger Palace (as in Bobby Flay). We all had a very delicious burger and Adelina was so well behaved. She spent the entire time looking at the light fixtures and staring at the college boys seated next to us. We joked she was eavesdropping (like her mother is known to do).




On Labor Day, I flew home with Rebecca to Tampa. She helped me get through the airport and onto the plane with Adelina and all our gear. We had a great flight and Adelina did super on the flight-hardly any fussing and slept for the majority of the time (my prayers were very much answered). We arrived safely in Tampa and are now spending two weeks in Tampa with my family for both help, as well as the company.



This past Friday afternoon we took the baby for her first trip to the beach. We dipped her toes in the water and the sand and let the gulf breeze blow through her long(er) hair. I can't say she was thrilled to be there, but she also didn't act like she hated it. I think deep down she knows she comes from Florida blood. I can't wait until we can take her back when she can splash and play in the water on her own. I forgot how much I love the gulf coast, the water is so warm and blue and the sand so soft. I didn't want to leave.

2 comments:

nat said...

wishing i was in tampa so i could see you and meet that cutie! xo

Unknown said...

How fun! She is getting big! Miss you!