Monday, March 9, 2009

Our weekend in Sunny Florida

This past weekend, Michael and I took a much need vacation to Florida to visit my family. We were lucky and were able to spend Thursday night to Monday morning there, so it was a nice long weekend. Top on our list of things to do was visit the beach. We have not seen the water since last summer (May/June, I think) and by the look of our skin we have not seen the sun since 1999. We spent Friday morning at the beach and both got a little sun. I got a little extra than Michael since I was stubborn and went without sunscreen (I know, I should know better). It was so nice; sunny, breezy, and warm. The water was way too cold for us to get in, but it was pretty to look at.





Some other things we got to do were: shop, eat Cuban food (I have missed plantains), walk in the Florida woods/wetlands (saw a gator and forgot how impressive they are), and ate at some great restaurants. We really enjoyed our time there and had a very hard time getting on the airplane this morning. Lucky for us, we have 3 more trips planned between now and graduation...we can make it!








2 comments:

Annette said...

So jealous! It looks like a blast. You know I've never been to a beach in Florida? Pathetic, I know.

Mom said...

We had such a fun time with you two here, but the weekend went by much too quickly for me. Thank goodness you'll be back soon. We really miss having you guys around. The pictures are nice, I'll have to get copies.

We love you both!!!