Saturday, May 9, 2009

New Jersey Residents

Our big day finally came...we moved to New Jersey yesterday.

The move was a move: long, tiring, a little disorganized and chaotic, but exciting nonetheless.  Our movers arrived at 8:30am and didn't leave our new house until almost 4:30pm.  Stefanie came to help too and she and Mike did a lot of the work as well.  

We are starting to get settled, little by little boxes are getting unpacked and things are finding their new homes.  I feel like there is an unending supply of boxes to unpack; just when I think I have finished a room, I find a couple more boxes that need unpacking.  My mom comes on Monday to help and I can't wait for the new energy--we are pretty spent.  

We LOVE our new place, though.  The neighborhood is so quaint; there are trees, kids riding bicycles, and best of all--no trash!  We have a small yard and I can't wait to start landscaping.  Our house has so much more space than our old one and lots of light.  We are so happy here!

Everyone needs to come and visit, we would love to have guests!

I will post pictures once we get the place in photographical order....

2 comments:

teresa said...

We're going to miss you guys a lot, you've touched so many people here! I hope everything goes well in NJ!

Stefanie Cross said...

Your new place is AMAZING! So glad you found it and that you are settling in...although it does seem A LOT more quiet and empty on this side of the river :(