Thursday, September 25, 2008

Our sick little Emmy

Maybe its lame to dedicate a post to Emmy, but until I have human children, my pets are my stand-ins. Our little Emmy is sick with urinary tract stones and a urinary tract infection. When she was a puppy she got many UTIs, but has not had one in a while. This past weekend Emmy starting feeling poorly, so we took her into the vet. We found out on Tuesday that she has a UTI and she started an antibiotic. But our poor girl is still feeling badly and is urinating blood and passing clots, so back to the doctor she goes. We were told by the vet today that she has crystals in her urine which points to stones. Tomorrow morning we have an appointment with a new vet to explore this more. We are worried she will have to have surgery. I have no idea what they do for dogs with stones. I doubt they do lithotripsy or cystoscopic surgeries, and the thought of open surgery on a dog makes me nervous. We will keep praying that she makes improvements and that they can correct the stones and infection with medications. Poor Emmy Lou!

No comments: