Saturday, September 27, 2008

A Walk in Manayunk

Today after we finished the enormous chore of cleaning our house, Michael and I decided to walk down to Main Street for lunch and some window shopping. We finally got to stop into this neat science shop called Spectrum Scientifics. It sells all kinds of toys (toys Michael loudly announced in the store are what our kids will play with some day): build your own robot kits, telescopes, grow a crystal garden, magnets, microscopes, etc. They even have a whole section dedicated to chemistry lab equipment. You can buy beakers, flasks, graduated cylinders--all the things that I tried so hard not to break in chem lab in college. I am tempted to buy a few flasks and use them as flower vases, although this would give me the definite nerd stamp for life. We did decide to support the neat store and bought a thermometer with barometer that sticks to the window and we got a slinky! I have already scared the dogs and cat with sending the slinky down the back staircase. I am going to have to hide my slinky next week when Dad comes, otherwise I know I will lose it. :-)

1 comment:

Mom said...

Shelley, you're right that slinky could end up in your Dad's suitcase when we leave. He does have a fascination for those kind of things.
Love, Mom