Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day


Even though Michael had to work last night and started his Labor Day out laboring, we were still able to have a nice relaxing day off.

Mike got home from the hospital around 7:30 this morning and got into bed.  I got up about 8:30 and started breakfast. I made cinnamon swirl muffins and the smell of fresh-baked cinnamon got Mike up around 10:00.  After breakfast we went for a walk around the neighborhood with the girls. Would you believe that someone in our neighborhood already has Halloween decorations up?  I think they are a little premature, it's only September 7.

After our walk, we went to the farmer's market and got some produce.  Then we stopped by a nursery near the hospital to get some mums (3 for $15, what a deal).  We did our grocery shopping and I got a new rake at Home Depot (its the little things, you know).


I just finished doing a little raking and trying to figure out the best spot for my new mums. Mike and the girls did some playing and now we are all relaxing before dinner.  Mike is making eggplant and I am making a chocolate cake.  I wish we had more days off together, today has really been so nice!





She purposely wouldn't look at the camera


This year I grew cherry tomatoes on the porch

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So impressive! I wish we were there to BBQ or to at least have some of the eggplant and Chocolate Cake! I am glad you had a relaxing day you both MORE than deserved it! Miss you guys!

Mom said...

Those mums are beautiful. I'm glad you both were able to enjoy Labor Day together. Nice that Mike and you both had the day to spend together. Emmy is so cute. We miss you guys!!