Sunday, September 27, 2009

Our Second Wedding Day


In our church, we believe that couples can be married for not just time (until death do you part), but for all of eternity.  To have achieve this special denotation, you have to be married within a temple by someone with the authority to perform the sealing (or marriage for eternity).  This is done in a sacred ceremony.

This past weekend, Michael and I were finally able to be sealed for eternity.  We (last minute) picked a date (one when we were both off) and hoped that all of our friends would be able to make it.  Ted and Stefanie flew in from Arizona and really helped organize the entire weekend.  I worked on Thursday night and Mike worked on Friday night, so we may not have been as well rested as we would have liked, but we were awake enough to enjoy and appreciate the day.

We chose the Manhattan Temple, which we have never been to, but I am so glad we went there. It was small and very intimate.  It also only took us a little over an hour to get there.  We were lucky enough to have many friends join us for the ceremony; it was nice to look around the room and see all the faces of the people who have helped us get to this point.


After the ceremony, we ate gyros from a street vendor (Mike got sandwich juice all down the front of his suit) and then drove back home.  We were hoping to get some pictures taken in Central Park, but we ran out of time.

Last night we had a reception to celebrate.  Stefanie organized the whole thing and it turned out so beautiful.  We had italian food catered by one of our favorite restaurants and cupcakes for dessert from a local bakery.   Stef, Ted and I stayed up late Friday night putting up garland and getting the house organized for the next day.  It was all perfect and I loved having everyone over.

All in all, it was a beautiful day and we couldn't be happier.  I am so thankful that out of everyone in this entire world, I get to be the eternal companion of Michael.  We are so lucky!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am not on Lupron anymore and still tearing up when I read your blog! We were so glad to be there for the amazing weekend! Hope you have both recovered and feel more rested. Miss you!

Steve said...

I can't tell you guys how happy I am for you. You are a wonderful couple and will be awesome parents. Hope all is going well in your intern year. My new favorite number is q4.

Eric and Caralee said...

Congrats! I am so happy for both of you! :)