Sunday, September 13, 2009

Our New Bikes


I am a little late in posting this, but better late than never, right?

Almost 2 months ago Mike and I decided to get new bikes.  In our town everyone seems to have a cruiser bike.  You can look out the window at any time of the day and see someone riding by the house on a bike.  I would look out the window in envy, wishing that I could cruise around the neighborhood on a bike.  I had these visions of me riding to the grocery store, the post office, etc, putting all my goodies into a basket on the front of my bike.

Everytime I saw these bikes, I would tell Mike how much I wanted one.  I would try to explain to him my daydreams, but I am sure I lost him shortly after I said I wanted a bike with a basket. Well, much to my surprise one Saturday in July Mike took me to the local bike shop and I got to pick out a new bike!

We both ended up getting cruiser bikes and have used them quite a bit this summer (when we are home).  I have ridden mine to the library, to get my nails done, to the store and then of course we have gone on many afternoon/evening bike rides together.  It's so much fun and reminds me of being a kid.  

Today the rain finally cleared up and the sun came out so after church we took our bikes out for a ride.  The weather is in the 70s and gorgeous and we had such a nice time.  This is the first weekend in a while that we have both been off and both been home the WHOLE weekend.  It was like a vacation, we loved it!  I am sad that the weekend has to end and that we have to go back to reality tomorrow.

We did get to go out on a date this weekend!  Mike took me out to dinner at this great diner (they had a juke box) and we ate really greasy food and then went to see Julie & Julia.  It was such a nice night!  It makes me so eager to finish this residency so we can have our lives back.  I miss date nights with my husband!  


No comments: