Monday, November 3, 2008

Apple Festival at Peddler's Village

On Saturday Mike and I decided to head up to Buck's County (Northeast of the city) to Peddler's Village. This is a little outdoor shopping area that is supposed to be very cute and have great shopping. I can't really give my opinion on this since the place was worse than Disney World in peak season. I think there were 4 or 5 tour buses worth of people plus all the other people who poured into the place to enjoy the apple festival that we could not see anything. There were lines to get into the stores, there was an hour and a half long wait for lunch. We went into two shops and after waiting for over an hour for lunch and then being told that we would have to wait another hour, we decided to leave. We did stand in line long enough to buy some apple cider and apple butter, both of which we are very pleased to have.

I am really disappointed with the trip, I would have really liked to have seen the shops and enjoyed walking through the village. Oh well, maybe another time...

1 comment:

Annette said...

That's too bad that it wasn't a very fun trip. Jeremy and I wanted to go, but life happened and we never made it out the door. We should try going again when it's just a normal weekend. Maybe it won't be so crazy :)