Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!


In honor of the holiday, Michael and I carved pumpkins and handed out candy to the few kids that came by. I was surprised by the number of actual kids we got this year. Last year, Mike said that he got mostly teenagers smoking cigarettes (Thank goodness we haven't had any of those this year). This year we have had the whole range and no cigarettes. There have been some cute costumes: Phillies players, clowns, princesses, angels, devils, witches. Overall, a pretty good night.

It makes me think of my Halloweens growing up. We had so much fun running all over the neighborhood. We always made sure to hit the "candy man's" house where there were always king-sized candy bars and lots of spooky decorations. We lived for that night. I hope that the kids I saw tonight are making the kind of memories of Halloween that I have.

We tried to get the girls involved in the spirit, but needless to say they were mostly uncooperative. They did sit and "help" hand out candy, so I have to give them some credit. We tried to get them to pose by the pumpkins. It would have been easier to learn how to speak Chinese. I will add the few pictures we got; hopefully we will have better success one day with our kids!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Halloween was such fun with you and your sister. Thinking up costumes, carving pumpkins and then trick or treating. Such happy, fun memories.
I enjoyed the pictures of you and Mike craving your pumpkins. Nice job. Love you both, Mom and Dad