Friday, October 17, 2008

Walking in Wissahickon


As our vacation comes to an end, Mike and I are trying to squeeze in as much fun as we can. The weather changed overnight from humid heat to crisp coolness. The leaves too seemed to change overnight. We decided to take advantage of our time off and enjoy the outdoors before the cold comes and we are stuck inside the hospital again. The other day we found a new trail along the Wissahickon Creek and so this morning we headed out with the girls for a hike.

It is so beautiful and relaxing to walk through the woods in the fall. The trail was covered with fallen leaves and as you walk they crunch underfoot. The air is cool, but its not too cold out and the sun is still bright. As a Florida girl who never got to experience this season, I love it! I am so thankful that I am able to live in such a great place for a time in my life. Michael got to wear his new pants from Eddie Bauer (they have a ton of pockets and can be unzipped at the knee to become shorts) so he was pretty happy too.
***

Another good thing about today is that we got our Halloween package from my mother. She sent tons of candy and some decorations for the house. The animals also all got a toy. But the best part was that she sent Dots candy. I was drooling over these at Target a couple days ago and decided against buying them since we were getting a bunch of chocolate for the "trick or treaters" (quotations used because we are the trick or treaters). Mike also gave me a lecture about how bad for my teeth the gummy candy is, even though I have watched a dentist eat my bowl of candy corn while he was here teaching, so I am not convinced. Anyway, I am excited to have dots to snack on. Leave it to mom to know what's best for me! Thanks Mom!

1 comment:

Mom said...

I love the picture of both of you with Emmy and Mocha. I would like to have a copy of it. You all look so happy. I wish we lived closer so we could go on some walks with you.
Love you both, Mom and Dad