Saturday, October 25, 2008

Interview # 3

I am late in posting this, but I interviewed on Wednesday at Crozer-Keystone Hospital for one of their internal medicine spots. There were 11 other applicants there that day and they had quite a program planned for us. We heard a lecture from the program director about how great their hospital and program is, we got a tour of the hospital from the chief resident, and had lunch with the current residents--it was a busy morning.

I was interviewed by the director of internal medicine and he was very nice. He had read everything in my file and was very knowledgeable on my past. He seemed to like me and I was very impressed with their program. They are dually accredited, which means that they have both MDs and DOs in their program (they take 3 DOs and 5 MDs per year) and that as a DO you can sit for both sets of boards. They have a very busy hospital with lots of neat departments: shock unit, burn unit, trauma center, cancer center to name a few. Also, they have a geriatric fellowship, which is appealing to me, of course.

Overall, I was very impressed with their program and the people that I met. It will be a hard decision when it comes time to submit our rank lists for the match. Luckily, we don't have to make any decisions until December.

One more interview to go...(thank goodness, I am getting sick of the stress that goes along with interviews)

1 comment:

nathalia said...

Yay! Good luck on the last one. I love hearing your updates on this because I can't wait for Marc to get to this point! You're leading the way!