Saturday, October 18, 2008

Naked Chocolate Cafe


One of our favorite spots in the city is the Naked Chocolate Cafe. Its located in Center City on Walnut Street and is a dangerous place for someone with a sweet tooth. Mike and I decided to spend the afternoon walking around the Rittenhouse Square area today. The weather was much cooler than we expected, so to warm up we stopped in for a hot chocolate (like I really needed an excuse).

These are not your normal hot chocolates. You can request either American or European styles, and my advice is to go with the European-its like a melted candy bar in a cup. This drink is so thick and so rich you have to order a petite and eat it with a spoon. Mike and I were feeling gluttonous so we ordered a cupcake to go with our chocolate (sounded like a good idea at first). I was wishing we hadn't ordered it, but as you can see from the picture, we somehow found room for it.

I love Philadelphia in the fall! And I love having such a wonderful husband to share it with!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Oh my, how decadent. I gained five pounds just looking at the pictures.
Love you both, Mom